Monday, February 23, 2009

Life Changing Leaves

Not THOSE leaves.

Okay, so I had a salad today that may have changed my life. Yes, it was that good. Very good…Matrix-Reloaded-Cake-Scene-Good.

However, that’s not why it may have changed my life.

I’m getting there, don’t rush me.

The sandwich guy has been selling out of my favorite, cucumber and cream cheese with romaine and tomato, before I get to him lately. Instead, I’ve been getting a romaine salad and a fresh fruit cup. Today, he actually had the cucumber sandwich but suggested I try a new salad. It was fruit, nuts and romaine with a creamy sweet dressing.

I debated for a moment…a long moment. I mean, I haven’t been able to have my regular cucumber sandwich for almost a week but that salad really did look good. Hmm. Should I stick with tried and true or take a chance on something new?

Yes, I know that rhymes. Let’s move on.

I got the salad and, as you’ve already read, it was AMAZING. Completely worth it.

Here’s how this situation may have changed my life:

I recently applied for another job. It’s in a department in which I used to work. It’s more pay and promises an interesting and varied work environment. However, that potentially interesting work environment could also potentially be hostile or otherwise miserable.

I don’t know. The supervisor could be mean or my coworkers could be mean, there could be an overall overabundance of meanness. I kept thinking about it and worrying about it.

Today, I was very close to emailing HR to withdraw my application. I was thinking, “I’m fine where I am. Why would I risk that for an unknown?”

Then I had the salad. Yeah, it was a tiny risk but it totally paid off. This is, without doubt, one of the best salads I’ve ever eaten. If I hadn’t taken a chance, I’d never know that.

So, no, Scaredy-Cat me! I’m not withdrawing my application. I’m going through with it because if I don’t try new things, I’ll miss out on the near orgasmic salads of awesomeness the world is holding onto for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment